New Topic Printer Friendly
mot tester!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Feb 25th, 2009 10:42 pm

1st Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
You can always sit the VOSA NTT entrance exam if you can't supply a relevant certificate of qualification.

Have a look around the boards - it's been well covered in previous posts.

:)

Posted: Wed Feb 25th, 2009 07:17 pm

2nd Post
syed

Mana: 
hi thr, Ok then. Its sounds like it that I have to do it again. Wat a waste. Is there any other way out of it. 

tnx

Syed

Last edited on Wed Feb 25th, 2009 07:18 pm by syed

Posted: Wed Feb 25th, 2009 05:53 am

3rd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
The Mot Tester wrote:

I am not sure what they mean when they say that the level you have completed has expired, normally when a certificate of achievement has been granted it is yours for life, they don't have a sell by date, although the IMI do something like CPD every two years to keep people up to date with info.

Hi,

The IMEI and Other Organisations such as BSI, Now Do Not accept or recognise qualifications over Five Years Old.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Wes.

Posted: Wed Feb 25th, 2009 01:50 am

4th Post
syed

Mana: 
Tnx,I`ll check with the college and will come back.

Posted: Wed Feb 25th, 2009 01:13 am

5th Post
The Mot Tester

Mana: 
syed wrote: I have had done my "IMI level 3"(2002-2003), but unforuntly college lost my folder, I spoke to the IMI people but they are saying that if they have lost  we can`t do nething,even they find it and reclaim your ceretificate it will make no diffrence because the level I`ve done is expaired. What can I do?  Any1 knows anything becasue this cource is good for to become a mot tester.;)

Your in the creek without a paddle.

If you have done an examination which is assessed by a panel of people at the IMI, then they would or should have a record, if you have taken an exam but the college did not send the information to the IMI, then your concern is with the college.

I have been a member of the IMI for over 15 years and when I did my training then they sent the results to the IMI were a panel of 12 people assessed your work to grade you accordingly.

I am not sure what they mean when they say that the level you have completed has expired, normally when a certificate of achievement has been granted it is yours for life, they don't have a sell by date, although the IMI do something like CPD every two years to keep people up to date with info.

You need to go back to your college or training provider and speak with them.:)

Posted: Tue Feb 24th, 2009 07:30 pm

6th Post
syed

Mana: 
I have had done my "IMI level 3"(2002-2003), but unforuntly college lost my folder, I spoke to the IMI people but they are saying that if they have lost  we can`t do nething,even they find it and reclaim your ceretificate it will make no diffrence because the level I`ve done is expaired. What can I do?  Any1 knows anything becasue this cource is good for to become a mot tester.;)

Current time is 07:38 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > mot tester! Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems