New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Availabilty of printed MOT Testing Guide and Manuals  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Oct 7th, 2011 02:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ronski

Mana: 
Thanks bimmer, I had seen the 2012 manual, and had that as an option, but forgot to mention it in my previous post.

I'll take a look at those best pratice guides mentioned in the SN's, thanks.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Oct 7th, 2011 05:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
bimmer wrote: hi Ronski, even if you found paper copies of the manuals they would most likely be out of date as update pages have not been produced since May 2011.   if you are going to print a manual it might be better to stick with the online version for now and print the new 2012 updated version which starts next January. hope this helps.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/repository/Special%20Notice%2003-11.pdf  item 4-1

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf  new 2012 TESTERS MANUAL in PDF for easy printing

2012 Inspection manual,

cheers bimmer,;)

will liberate some paper tomorrow and print.;)

wes. 

Posted: Fri Oct 7th, 2011 01:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bimmer

Mana: 
hi Ronski, even if you found paper copies of the manuals they would most likely be out of date as update pages have not been produced since May 2011.   if you are going to print a manual it might be better to stick with the online version for now and print the new 2012 updated version which starts next January. hope this helps.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/repository/Special%20Notice%2003-11.pdf  item 4-1

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf  new 2012 TESTERS MANUAL in PDF for easy printing

Last edited on Fri Oct 7th, 2011 02:07 am by bimmer

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Ronski

Mana: 
Hi Martins,

Thankyou for the reply, as I said earlier they can't easily be downloaded, unless of course you know where they are available as a download, and because of this they can't easily be printed out, otherwise I would.

If you look here they are online versions only, whilst I could go through and print each page one at a time, I'd hate to think how long it would take.

PS Anyway to make this forum display in the opposite order, as thats what I'm used to, ie first post first, rather than most recent post first. I know some forums have the option to change the display order, but I can't seem to find it on here.

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
martins
Administrator

Mana: 
There is no reason you shouldn't be able to print these documents out on your own printer.

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Ronski

Mana: 
Hi, we're in the process of setting up an MOT bay in our existing workshop.

I've got my AEDM course in a couple of weeks and would like to buy a printed version of the MOT Testing Guide, also the manual for Class 4, 5 & 7 vehicles.

But I've drawn a complete blank, Vosa (03001 239000) say they are only available on line, my local office who's dealing with our application says they should be available to buy, but doesn't know where, so far I've drawn a complete blank.

Whilst I can read them on the internet, I would prefer a printed version for learning, online is ok for checking something but not for in depth reading.

They are not PDF either, so I can't even easily download and print them, and this they say is progress.

Clicky for link to manauls.

So any idea where I can purchase these?

Current time is 07:37 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > Availabilty of printed MOT Testing Guide and Manuals Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems