New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Front facing lights  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jan 27th, 2019 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ca11um43

Mana: 
Before I bought these lights I tried googling this same question but I couldn't find a straight answer, so I asked on a different forum and everybody said that it is only illegal if there are blue lights in the headlight housing, but since mine are in the bumper and low to the ground they all said it is questionable but not illegal. I saw somebody else ask a similar question recently which sparked my interest and made me question it, which is why I'm asking again on this forum.

Luckily I wired them up with spade connectors so I can easily disconnect them, or wire them up to a seperate switch. The fog lights also have angel eyes in the centre, but those are plain white.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jan 27th, 2019 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I’m afraid your lights are illegal regardless of MOT rules. At best you’ll get a ticking off. At worst you’ll be prosecuted for impersonating a police. Officer. Construction and use rules specifically reserve blue light and Blue reflectors) exclusively for the emergency services. I’d remove them immediately.

Kev.

Posted: Sun Jan 27th, 2019 01:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ca11um43

Mana: 
I am just wondering whether fog lights are tested on an MOT? Also, does anybody know whether blue "fog lights" are illegal? I have white angel eye fog lights, but they have blue halo rings around them which are permanently on when the side-lights are on. They are a solid blue (not flashing) and they are quite low to the ground, but would they still be illegal? I also have blue side-lights but you can't see them when the headlights are on.

Attachment: IMG_20190107_002130_115.jpg (Downloaded 31 times)

Current time is 06:32 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Front facing lights Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems