Thanks guys you have been very helpful, Cheers Dave

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Nov 20th, 2015 06:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
getech.org.uk

Mana: 
In order to become a nominated tester within the MOT scheme you require:
  • 4 years professional experience repairing the class of vehicles you intend to test
  • A full driving licence for the class of vehicle you want to test
  • Also, assuming that it to be a class 4 or 7 course you require you will need some educational qualifications...
NVQ / SVQ level 3 or a City & Guilds Level 2 as a minimum in an automotive related subject.

There is also an opportunity to gain your ticket by doing the NTTA pre-examination. This is a multiple choice exam but do not be fooled - the fail rate is very high... Alternatively if you do not have the qualifications and do not fancy the NTTA you can do an IMI accredited course.

You can get the actual DVSA application form online by googling "VOSA VT78" and some sample NTTA questions can also be found using the same method.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Thu Nov 19th, 2015 01:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
maltbyd

Mana: 
Hi guys I am a civilian working for the MOD and I carry out MEIs which are MOTs for the army. I sat a week long course and I am certified by the army. What would I need to do to become a MOT tester for a civilian company. We use the same standards as VOSA. Can any one help as a job has come up and I cannot apply without the DVSA Nominated tester Cert. Cheers Dave

Current time is 08:01 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Military Tester Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems