Advisories  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 3rd, 2016 08:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
sounds like she aint the most reasonable person in the world anyway.the good news is that advisories are beyond the ministries remit which limits their response a little.good luck wiv it,let us know how it goes.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jul 2nd, 2016 01:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Gordon C

Mana: 
I have contacted DVSA informing them of the situation and a possible complaint. I explained the scenario and having offered the presenter a full test with no advisories, if applicable, then we would carry this out with no fee. My slip up and admitted it but the presenter is adamant she is taking it further . She came in this morning demanding I carried out the test but I explained I was in the middle of an inspection and would do it in half an hour. She stomped off abusing me, the garage owner and another customer in the office!!! A lesson learnt I suppose . 🙈🙈

Posted: Sat Jul 2nd, 2016 12:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
if you advised say pads would you not recheck it to see if it had been done?would you not check the efforts?are the wheels done up?sorry guy,poor testing,this sorta thing is why your supposed to recheck em.if you fail it on 1 tyre do you just look at that corner on retest?how do you know he aint swopped em round?a million other examples I cud give but hopefully you got the idea and learn from it.all items failed/advised/repaired and ANY item that cud be affected by same has to be re-examined.think brake efforts for c/v boots for instance

Posted: Fri Jul 1st, 2016 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Gordon C

Mana: 
Thanks. 👍

Posted: Fri Jul 1st, 2016 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi,the manual is quite clear on this, advisory items MUST be checked for further wear or deteration to see if failure is now justified.
Like it or not your presenter is quite entitled to complain to DVSA
Sorry about that.

Posted: Fri Jul 1st, 2016 05:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Gordon C

Mana: 
Car in two days ago and failed on a couple of items with 3 advisories. Returned today for retest and failed items were repaired. Didn't check advisories and printed a pass. Customer now creating havoc as the advisories are on the new pass cert. I explained that I don't check if advisories and should have been informed they had been done. Was I correct as she is off to VOSA :?

Current time is 08:20 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Advisories Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems