New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
MOT with Kwikfit  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Sep 16th, 2016 08:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bimmer

Mana: 
I have a feeling tomrus might not be here any more, i hope i am wrong.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Sep 15th, 2016 09:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
My place would probably have given in to "pester power" and offered to give another test, but probably at full price :D

Posted: Wed Sep 14th, 2016 06:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bimmer

Mana: 
Hi tomrus.

Did you leave the car at the garage, if so did you leave any instructions with them to contact you if there was going to be any delay in tyres being being fitted. If you did not then in my opinion the garage has done no wrong and you have no cause to complain. If you did and they failed to call you then yes i can understand you getting upset, although to most people getting a pass would make them happy. Like castrolrob i too am curious as to why it is so important to you.

Posted: Wed Sep 14th, 2016 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
tomrus wrote:
MOT was done by the same guy who changed the tyres, anyway they said they will do another MOT

What time was the test started tomrus? Was started at the appointed time of 12, or earlier.

There are lots of variables in this, the workshop could have been particularly busy, maybe one or two customers had turned up late just to add to the mix. Maybe the tester had to leave early, who knows, there are always two sides to a dispute.

Whatever the circumstances, the new MOT will NOT remove the original advisory (solve the mess in your words) for the tyres from the vehicle history.

Posted: Wed Sep 14th, 2016 12:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
it still remains on the vehicle record.sorry to be pedantic but you still haven't informed us what upsets you about the advisory,this is the 3rd time ive asked you this question.if you are unwilling to answer this please say so.

Posted: Tue Sep 13th, 2016 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
tomrus

Mana: 
MOT was done by the same guy who changed the tyres, anyway they said they will do another MOT

Posted: Tue Sep 13th, 2016 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I agree I really can't see what the problem is it was tested as presented and the paperwork was done correctly. The tester may well have been unaware of the booking for tyre's so has acted quite correctly, please accept this.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 12:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
cant help you with that one,i assume the not was booked in advance which means that the guy would have tested it at the appointment time that was made,while they could have maybe left it till later that would depend on what tests they already had booked as it may have meant them losing a test,i don't work at the garage in question so all I can do is speculate.this site is primarily concerned with tests and their standards,your concerns seem to be what order the test and other work it was booked in for was done which does take it somewhat beyond our remit.i repeat the question I asked below,what is it about the advisory that has(obviously)upset you?you are quoting this as a "mistake"by the centre and as your original post states your tyres were not available before the test.i cant see that the tester has made any mistake,indeed they seem to have juggled things as best they can.if on the other hand you were promised the tyres fitting before the test then your choices would have been to go ahead or not with a different and revised timetable,you obviously chose to go ahead.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
tomrus

Mana: 
You missed my point, my disappointment comes from a mistake from the centre, I have no problem to have an advisory in the certificate but if they would have changed the tyres before the MOT the certificate would have come out clear…

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
cant actually see what the mot problem is here,while I don't generally have a lotta time for the fast fits as far as I can tell the guys tested(and reported)on whats in front of him,thats what your supposed to do.dont see what bearing the advisories have on your displeasure,if your selling the motor no issue,it has new tyres on it.another test would arrive with no advises(assuming no other faults are found)but it remains on the history for the vehicle anyway so strikes me that you would be wasting money for no good reason.what precisely is causing your concerns?you seem to be worried about a "mess" that I cant see existing.

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2016 06:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
tomrus

Mana: 
Hello, I did book a tyre change and MOT with Kwikfit for the same day as the tyres were close to the legal limit. Tyres change was booked for 11, MOT for 12. Tyres were not in the store and were due to be delivered 1 hour later so the guy decided to do the MOT before. Once MOT was done, tyres arrived and they changed the tyres. As result I got an advisory on the MOT that say tyres close to the legal limit. I massively complained with the manager and head office but they said they cannot do anything to change the MOT. Is there anything I can do to have a clear MOT as I planned by changing the tyres before the test? Would do another MOT test solve the mess?

Current time is 02:47 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > MOT with Kwikfit Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems