20th may 3018 disaster  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
well said,nuffins changed,its just written in big writing that a presenter can no longer pretend he didn't see,after that the choice is theirs.we got enuff worries without taking the rest of the countrys on our shoulders.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
I can't help the presenters. The regulations are not mine. It was a flippant remark, because I don't believe it will be a problem. To begin with, nothing has changed. they were never allowed legally to drive away. They still can't. Legally. How many presenters have you given a failure ticket marked as dangerous and told it shouldn't be driven, and they get in and drive off? Nothing has changed because the presenters have not changed. I've seen them, after a brake hose has let go, just get in and drive off. I strongly suspect you have seen similar or even worse. 'It'll be allright, I'll just take it easy'. Sound familiar? We have real issues to worry about.

Last edited on Wed May 23rd, 2018 04:27 pm by Aylesbury Jock

Posted: Tue May 22nd, 2018 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Helpful, 'inundated with abandoned vehicles, then great'... What about the vehicle presenters point of view?

Posted: Tue May 22nd, 2018 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
Wow, rampant scaremongering, that's helpful. Look I can't say 100% that it can't happen, but I'm fairly confident when I say there will not be retrospective fines. No one can know when something may go wrong with their vehicle so they can keep it completely roadworthy 100% of the time. The problem to be dealt with is driving with KNOWN faults, and this is what the new system is going to highlight. Nobody can drive away and say they didn't know they had a 'major' or 'dangerous' fault. Even if we don't all agree with the definitions of what constitutes 'major' and 'dangerous'. Let's try to keep some perspective and deal with the problems that ARE hassling us. If I do happen to be inundated with abandoned vehicles, then great. I'll sell 'em to the local scrappies, and get some single malt with the proceeds. Bottoms up.

Last edited on Tue May 22nd, 2018 07:11 pm by Aylesbury Jock

Posted: Tue May 22nd, 2018 10:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
legobatman

Mana: 
and now the clarity has gone in order to simplify spell checker required at dvsa office
now you can get a dangerous for a trailer socket that doesn't function EVEN if you don't have a trailer this is all screwed disaster pending

so now if you get a dangerous failure on your car this gives the opportunity for retrospective fines as you drove the vehicle to the test ...found dangerous ...but it is the owners responsibility to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition at all times so it must have been dangerous before the test
for mot testing stations is there any support from dvsa to remove abandoned vehicles from their yards

Last edited on Tue May 22nd, 2018 10:53 am by legobatman

Current time is 02:09 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > 20th may 3018 disaster Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems