View single post by qazwsxqazwsx
 Posted: Wed Jun 19th, 2019 07:20 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
qazwsxqazwsx

Mana: 
Stealth wrote:
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The Manual also gives definitions of what is considered to be insecure....

10 Definition of insecure

The term ‘insecure’ is used many times throughout this manual to describe a defective condition. This term should be taken to mean one of the following:

a component has relative movement (looseness) at its fixings where there should be none

a component has relative movement (looseness) to an associated component where there should be none

a component critical to safety isn’t safely or completely attached at its fixing or to an associated component

As Paul has pointed out, the braking system is safety critical so it would probably be worth fitting a new bracket before MOT.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I'll definitely be fitting a new reservoir once I get my hands on the bike from the dealer. Who interestingly got a bit stressed when I started giving the bike a good inspection citing the sales price indicates its not perfect and told him regardless I want to check it isn't leaking petrol or oil or has things hidden behind the fairing. He responded that he has already checked it over as selling any bike with a petrol or oil leak would be dangerous but didn't seem too bothered when I pointed out the fluid reservoir is held on with a cable tie.

The bike has an impeccable MOT history - last 7 years without even an advisory and same owner for last 11.
So I'm just boggled why it wasn't replaced :shock: