New Topic Printer Friendly
Testing a stolen vehicle?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 10:03 pm

1st Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Bigt wrote: I dont work in the trade so I dont know all the ins and outs of the MOT computer system, etc,etc.

If a tester was presented with a vehicle for test and that vehicle was stolen does anything display when the vehicle reg is input into the system?

To me it would seem logical that the DVLA database would show up some form of `marker`

The reason for enquiry is that it has arisen on a owners forum and there are some odd answers coming up

It's not VOSA's remit to detect stolen cars - nor apprehend those who steal & ring them, neither does it matter if the car is a 'cut & shut.

The only thing that matters is that the vehicle met the requirements at the time of test and was deemed to be in a roadworthy condition.
;)

Posted: Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 05:01 am

2nd Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
If the answer has been defined as "NO"..Why do we need to carry on this thread and try to belittle one another?.

Posted: Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 04:06 am

3rd Post
Spongebob

Mana: 
The only way it would throw something up in Swansea would be if it was on false plates and/or had the VIN changed and the tester had to create a new record for the car. Whether they'd do anything other than absolutely nothing is of course down to the DVLA.

Last edited on Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 04:06 am by Spongebob

Posted: Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 03:59 am

4th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Hi The answer is No.

Kev

Posted: Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 02:57 am

5th Post
Bigt

Mana: 
I dont work in the trade so I dont know all the ins and outs of the MOT computer system, etc,etc.

If a tester was presented with a vehicle for test and that vehicle was stolen does anything display when the vehicle reg is input into the system?

To me it would seem logical that the DVLA database would show up some form of `marker`

The reason for enquiry is that it has arisen on a owners forum and there are some odd answers coming up

Current time is 03:54 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Technical Forum > Legal / Enforcement Issues | MOT Forum > Testing a stolen vehicle? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems