board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Performance Advice  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jan 27th, 2010 05:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
yeah, i have my own farm on there lol.

sorry was looking for a rear wiper motor at the same time lmao.

never mind

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jan 27th, 2010 05:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
golf wrote: why cant i rear this post?

Hi Cocker,

You can`t "Rear" anything on this forum.;) I beleive that you can have your own "farm" on "facebook"!;)...............PMSL.:D

Wes.:P

Posted: Wed Jan 27th, 2010 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Bones n Hombre wrote: Yeah this I can imagine is what really happens , however if it was MY business , I would take the time to KNOW , what I needed to know to protect myself , I mean how long would it take to read both , maybe 3 -4 hours , cover to cover. Do that once a year to remind yourself of things and hey presto.

Like I said I am just tight with my money :P

Hi Bones,:P

what you are stating is a "scenario", and not in the "real world"! or are you extracting the urine?;)

OMG!:? Sorry you now investigate "dead peeps"?:shock:

Without Any Doubt, "Stealth", Is Correct.:cool:

Any services offered by any consultancy company in the private sector will have to be Marketed in an appropriate manner which is acceptable to everyone?:?:?

Which is what i am trying to suggest!;):P

wes.

Posted: Wed Jan 27th, 2010 03:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Wesley wrote:
ps; is that your round next or mine?:P

I'm pretty sure you must owe me one or two Wes ;):):P

Stealth,

have sent you a pm.;)

Posted: Wed Jan 27th, 2010 12:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Problem with the Forum I'm Afraid GOLF.

Go to the Green text above ,Click on VOSA Performance monitoring ,then click on Performance advice PAGE 1, and you will see it!

Kev

Last edited on Wed Jan 27th, 2010 12:09 am by KevG

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2010 11:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
why cant i rear this post?

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2010 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Bones n Hombre wrote:
Yeah this I can imagine is what really happens , however if it was MY business , I would take the time to KNOW , what I needed to know to protect myself , I mean how long would it take to read both , maybe 3 -4 hours , cover to cover. Do that once a year to remind yourself of things and hey presto.

Do you think 3 - 4 hours once a year is enough - hope you have a good memory ;)

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2010 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Wesley wrote:

Stealth,

I think you have just, "hit the nail on the head"!;)........:P

So, "One" has to go out and "Sell" their services and knowlege of the guides and manuals to the testers and AE`s, Before trying to advise them of any shortcomings?

The "Issue" Is to Advise, In a "Consultancy Role", and Not try to "Enforce" as in a Previous Employment?:?

wes.;)

Wes

Education & advice is the name of the game - no big sticks - just sound advice based on experience - 'Best Practice' and preventative maintenance if you like.

I can feel a 'Poll' coming on :)

;);););)

Last edited on Tue Jan 26th, 2010 10:01 pm by Stealth

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2010 05:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Wesley wrote:

I'm pretty sure you must owe me one or two Wes ;):):P

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2010 10:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bones n Hombre

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Bones n Hombre wrote: I always figured that , in reality all the answers can be found in the testing guide or the manual or the special notices and I personally would be far to tight , to pay someone else to read those for me.

:D

Bones -

The problem - at least in my experience - is many that testers and AE's don't always have the time, or in some cases the inclination, to spend enough time keeping up to speed by actually reading the Manuals & Special Notices as thoroughly as they could.

They are often only brought down from the shelf & dusted off when there's some 'firefighting' to be done.

;)

Yeah this I can imagine is what really happens , however if it was MY business , I would take the time to KNOW , what I needed to know to protect myself , I mean how long would it take to read both , maybe 3 -4 hours , cover to cover. Do that once a year to remind yourself of things and hey presto.

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2010 04:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Bones n Hombre wrote: I always figured that , in reality all the answers can be found in the testing guide or the manual or the special notices and I personally would be far to tight , to pay someone else to read those for me.

Bones -

The problem - at least in my experience - is that many testers and AE's don't always have the time, or in some cases the inclination, to spend enough time keeping up to speed by actually reading the Manuals & Special Notices as thoroughly as they could.

They are often only brought down from the shelf & dusted off when there's some 'firefighting' to be done.

;)

Stealth,

I think you have just, "hit the nail on the head"!;)........:P

So, "One" has to go out and "Sell" their services and knowlege of the guides and manuals to the testers and AE`s, Before trying to advise them of any shortcomings?

The "Issue" Is to Advise, In a "Consultancy Role", and Not try to "Enforce" as in a Previous Employment?:?

wes.;)

Last edited on Tue Jan 26th, 2010 05:08 am by Wesley

Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2010 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Bones n Hombre wrote: I always figured that , in reality all the answers can be found in the testing guide or the manual or the special notices and I personally would be far to tight , to pay someone else to read those for me.

Bones -

The problem - at least in my experience - is many that testers and AE's don't always have the time, or in some cases the inclination, to spend enough time keeping up to speed by actually reading the Manuals & Special Notices as thoroughly as they could.

;)

Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2010 09:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Bones n Hombre

Mana: 
I always figured that , in reality all the answers can be found in the testing guide or the manual or the special notices and I personally would be far to tight , to pay someone else to read those for me.

Posted: Mon Jan 25th, 2010 05:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
I think,

the transition from "enforcement"!, into "consultantation" is causing a little friction?:?

its a big wide world out here and anyone within, considering the changeover and individual interpretations, of the requirements, Must take this into their own account.;)

"taters":D

Posted: Sun Jan 24th, 2010 11:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
russell wrote: i had the same gents in did not like his attitude i think he still  thought he worked for  vosa did not like it when i told him i did not want his services as i was with some one else  
Perhaps the 'Hard Sell' is because they are not signing up as many sites as they expected ;)

Posted: Sun Jan 24th, 2010 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
russell
Trade Member

Mana: 
i had the same gents in did not like his attitude i think he still  thought he worked for  vosa did not like it when i told him i did not want his services as i was with some one else  

Posted: Thu Jan 21st, 2010 04:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Wesley wrote: gaz657 wrote: I have just had a visit today from a VE from Aberdeen who left VOSA at end of December and he has teamed up with an examiner from central Scotland and the previous area Manager from Inverness. he informed me that they all left at the end of December and have formed an MOT an haulage consultancy company. My boss has signed them up to do a yearly garage check and some QC checks, I dont know exactly what it cost but my boss claimed it was less than the price of a test each month, he says they will also act on our behave if we face points for making a mistake. I dont have a contact number ,but I could check the leaflet at work and let anybody thats interested know. it just goes to show that there are a few examiners jumping ship? 

Hi peeps,

This might be the "guys" that phoned us, as previously posted below?:?

On the phone they seem to be really agressive in their sales pitch when you challenge what they are actually offering?:?

Bearing in mind we were in the green on first assesment and have acted on advice given by VOSA, and since then we have had a further visit and have Improved our "ratings" even more,:D:P

An Agressive "Sales Pitch"?:X

"Hardball"?:? Sorry, "No Biscuit"!:P

Stealth disappears over the wall & ducks for cover :P;)

"Nice Parapet";)

"Cookies"?.............PMSL:P;):D

Posted: Thu Jan 21st, 2010 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Wesley wrote: gaz657 wrote: I have just had a visit today from a VE from Aberdeen who left VOSA at end of December and he has teamed up with an examiner from central Scotland and the previous area Manager from Inverness. he informed me that they all left at the end of December and have formed an MOT an haulage consultancy company. My boss has signed them up to do a yearly garage check and some QC checks, I dont know exactly what it cost but my boss claimed it was less than the price of a test each month, he says they will also act on our behave if we face points for making a mistake. I dont have a contact number ,but I could check the leaflet at work and let anybody thats interested know. it just goes to show that there are a few examiners jumping ship? 

Hi peeps,

On the phone they seem to be really agressive in their sales pitch when you challenge what they are actually offering?:?

Bearing in mind we were in the green on first assesment and have acted on advice given by VOSA, and since then we have had a further visit and have Improved our "ratings" even more,:D:P

Stealth disappears over the wall & ducks for cover :P;)

Posted: Wed Jan 20th, 2010 04:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
gaz657 wrote: I have just had a visit today from a VE from Aberdeen who left VOSA at end of December and he has teamed up with an examiner from central Scotland and the previous area Manager from Inverness. he informed me that they all left at the end of December and have formed an MOT an haulage consultancy company. My boss has signed them up to do a yearly garage check and some QC checks, I dont know exactly what it cost but my boss claimed it was less than the price of a test each month, he says they will also act on our behave if we face points for making a mistake. I dont have a contact number ,but I could check the leaflet at work and let anybody thats interested know. it just goes to show that there are a few examiners jumping ship? 

Hi peeps,

Posted: Wed Jan 20th, 2010 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
MOTconsultant wrote: Advice available from myself a former member of the Retail Motor Industry federation's MOT Technical Operations Team.
Gentlemen The RMIF have recently made the team redundant. Having monitored and worked with 100's of VTS's over the years and represented many when disciplined by VOSA, this advice and help is available.
Please feel free to contact me if my services are required.

Hi,

If You are anything to do with the "latest" "phone sales" RMIF claimed promotion trying to sell "your services" to VE`s across the Country.

May I suggest you go back to College and learn how to become "salesmen" rather than "enforcement officers".:?

The Services You are offering to carry out are "Not Mandatory", so playing "Hardball" Will not work.:P

Current time is 04:15 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > DVSA/VOSA Performance Monitoring - bad experience? Let us know | MOT Forum > Performance Advice Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems