Going on 3 day course  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 30th, 2011 12:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
How did your coures go, are you testing yet?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Feb 24th, 2011 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Swanseajack87

Mana: 
That is what I call Music to my ears lol. Really looking forwards to it - 14 march and counting lol.

Posted: Thu Feb 24th, 2011 11:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Swanseajack87 wrote: Phew - Basically a pass then, realistically.
You won't be asked any questions that can't be looked up in the Manuals ;)

Posted: Thu Feb 24th, 2011 11:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Swanseajack87

Mana: 
Phew - Basically a pass then, realistically.

Posted: Thu Feb 24th, 2011 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
there are two exams at the end of the course, one on the mot and one on computerisation. all the answers will have been covered on the course, you are allowed to take notes during the course and use them at the end. you can also use the manual on the computer to help you.

Posted: Thu Feb 24th, 2011 12:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Swanseajack87

Mana: 
I bring the inspection manuel home with me, then return it to work in the morning so its always there at opening times, lol.

So the open book exam - What sort of questions are asked? Is it basically things you can find in the inspection manual that you have with you? If so, how can someone possibly fail it?

Thanks.

Posted: Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 03:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bright Ideas?

Mana: 
Swanseajack87 wrote: Thanks for the advice kit. I'm sure I can do it as Iv been servicing cars for 5 years now. Got the book at home now regaring reasons for failure etc etc, so will try and read through that a fair few times before I attend.

Thanks again.

Good idea to start looking up first used dates for things like Fog lamps, mirrors, brakes etc, they talk about them on the course or used to:D

Emissions is another good one to look at, like what limits would you put on a hybrid, or a vehicle which is a kit car:D

or a vehicle came in and you didn't know what fuel it was running on, the presenter is not there and can't be contacted, what would you do????

If the vehicle was running on LPG, what would you do????

Book of rules, yep that is right, loads of um:shock:

Posted: Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
When I did my 3 day course one guy actually failed it :D

Posted: Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 12:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I do hope that you have not got your station's copy of the inspection manual, as that must be available to testers at all (opperating) times ;), so please use the on line version, also you can garantee that the online version is up to date.
Welcome to a world of rules and regs. :)

Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 11:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Swanseajack87

Mana: 
Thanks for the advice kit. I'm sure I can do it as Iv been servicing cars for 5 years now. Got the book at home now regaring reasons for failure etc etc, so will try and read through that a fair few times before I attend.

Thanks again.

Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 03:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi, the 3 day course is realy only the start of a new way of working, have a bit of self belief as your sponsor must think that you can do it. I am fairly sure that the course an test is one that cannot be failed, so ask as meny questions as you can think of, I an sure that the trainer will be friendly and helpfull, so enjoy it.
Read the books little and often, all the answers are in there, have a look at this http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/index.htm it is where the info is so start reading ;);)
When you start testing refer to the maual often, this job is not a memory test ! Dont forget if you are struging with somthing ask some one or on this forum if you dont want to look a fool. Most of all enjoy it :D

Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 12:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Swanseajack87

Mana: 
Hello.

Thanks for the reply. Very glad it's open book, that I can manage. Go to pieces in a normal exam, especially when so much rides on it.

Thanks for the good luck aswell, 3 weeks today and my first day will be over. Get that over with, do the practical, and roll on pay rise.......and something in work that different for a change.

Posted: Mon Feb 21st, 2011 11:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Bright Ideas?

Mana: 
Welcome to the forum Ash,

Don't worry about the course, yes there is an end of assessment short test, normally about half an hour long unless they have changed it.

The test is normally open book, so don't worry if you come across a question you don't know the answer to, just get used to finding methods of inspections and reason for rejections in the testers manual.

If you have access to Computerisation, use it because I think the books in the training schools have gone now and they only use Computerisation.

Good luck:D

Posted: Mon Feb 21st, 2011 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Swanseajack87

Mana: 
Greetings guys.

Just applied to be a NT and had my letter regarding the 3 day course being held in 3 weeks time.

Just after some information regarding the course. I realise its about the MoT etc, but it states there's a written assessment afterwards. What sort of assessment is it, and is it something you can fail?

Sadly I had a very rough childhood and suffer very badly from nerves. Very worried I may fall to bits if its an exam as such. I also have ADD (Attention Decefit Disorder), although I suffered more when I was a teen (23 now), which I am hoping won't affect it to much. It doesn't affect my mechanicing, unless something goes wrong and I lose my temper lol.

Any help or advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated as Iv waited a while now to be able to do the course and would love to pass as a tester first time of asking without suffering to much.

Thanks in advance, Ash.

Current time is 09:08 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > Going on 3 day course Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems