Posted: Tue Jun 28th, 2011 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
keith wrote:
Hi stealth
question do you have a link for this new info, been searching(not very hard) I used to use a VT57 I knwo the're changing and I have been sooo busy I have neglected on info updates.

New style assessments 'go live' 1st July - the new documents will go on the Business Link site at the same time ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Posted: Mon Jun 27th, 2011 02:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
keith

Mana: 
Hi stealth
question do you have a link for this new info, been searching(not very hard) I used to use a VT57 I knwo the're changing and I have been sooo busy I have neglected on info updates.
So far I have rad up on the new stuff they are adding in jan 2012 also other new info.

I notice vosa have opted for the play safe on HID's noting if washers missing - pass and advise.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2011 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
KevG wrote:
Thats good, but will they be telling us when they are coming? The diruption to our operation last time was ridiculous. Are you within your rights to tell them it's not convenient? Last time I had 20 tests booked in and it took 4 and a half hours to do the site assesment!

Kev

Still unannounced I'm afraid Kev - tell them it's not convenient & it's likely your scores will plummet - you're in the club & site assesments are part of the membership fees. ;)

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2011 04:00 am by Stealth

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2011 03:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
would be nice to have an assessment that didnt involve discussions about pre 86 wing repeaters,pre 87 seatbelts etc.most guys out there dont deal with that sorta s**t.would also be nice to have a ve that actually knows a bit about the cars concerned rather than one whom the rules have to be explained to,oh s**t,my mistake,the old boys that knew all this crap have taken early retirement rather than do a=b=c etc.still at least the civil service appears to have met the required redundancy requirements,just a shame the guys at the pit face got the bullet before the clowns(sorry managers)got theirs.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2011 02:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Thats good, but will they be telling us when they are coming? The diruption to our operation last time was ridiculous. Are you within your rights to tell them it's not convenient? Last time I had 20 tests booked in and it took 4 and a half hours to do the site assesment!

Kev

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2011 12:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Just had a preview today of the re-worked Site Assessment format today - due to come into place mid June.

It looks like the new format will be a little less time consuming for the AE's out there.

The format of some of the AE questions relating to the content of the MOT Testing Guide have changed - looks like I will be doing a little 'revision' of the Guide ;)

AE's may wish to do the same ;)

For the testers out there - be prepared for more 'Show me how you test this bit' type questions, rather than 'Tell me .... - you will be spending some time in the workshop with the VE

;)

Current time is 04:28 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > DVSA/VOSA Performance Monitoring - bad experience? Let us know | MOT Forum > New style Site Assessments Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems