Mana: 
nice one cosworth, happy testing.  :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2011 12:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
Good outcome. VOSA people do get a bad rep, but although I may be in a minority, I've never had a problem with them.

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2011 03:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Sounds like a good result to me :D

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2011 03:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
optional

Mana: 
Well done mate, glad to hear it went well

Posted: Fri Sep 9th, 2011 01:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
cosworth

Mana: 
Well the good news is i didnt even get to interview. Vosa inspectors agreed with everything i did. except i missed a side light out, which could of happened after.

My vosa guy was brill, it was a scary moment just watching for 1hr 45mins why the pair of them did the appeal inspection. after he just came over and said perfect test i agree with everything, just a front side light out, but that can happen any time. Off you go I will explain to the lady. I was sooo happy, considering im the QC ect at our station its kinda good.

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2011 01:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
optional

Mana: 
I'd be wanting to see the VT17 myself - I'm not sure vosa will want to show it you, but I would think they are obliged to...from a legal standpoint at least. I'd certainly make it clear in the recorded interview that you had been denied the opportunity.

If you are shown it, and can see that the presenter has declared that the car has not had any alterations/work carried out, and you state that it has, then that puts the entire appeal under scrutiny.

Vosa make a decision on what they think was present at the time of test, if other people have been hammering and banging then this makes it very difficult for them to reach a conclusive decision against you.

Take a witness, make sure they are with you for the interview, and take a camera for your own pictures - Good luck with it all, and don't be intimidated by it, and if you think the man form vosa didn't do a good test, then make sure you say so. It's usually the first question they will ask ;)

Posted: Thu Sep 8th, 2011 12:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
Was thinking about that one myself. If your side play detectors show play in a suspension bush that a non ATL lane might not, then you would check it manually. You cant test to different standards because you have different equipment.

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2011 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Just read the original post again, the only thing to bother about is the suspension bush, as there is a slight difference with atl and non atl. As for the corrosion the "at the time of test" is what matters, the other bits, no problem.
Good Luck, let us know what happens :)

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2011 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
rocky69

Mana: 
Russel just read your post again thats a load of twoddel you say what you have to and think about what you are saying is all you have to do.

Posted: Wed Sep 7th, 2011 01:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
rocky69

Mana: 
Make sure you explain all that if you are interviewed, if there is evidence of excessive hitting of the area its in your favor, forget the headlamp aim as well its been adjusted as you say. As far as I am concerned all this saying VOSA don;t give you the benifit of the dought is rubbish.

Posted: Sun Sep 4th, 2011 11:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
cosworth

Mana: 
Right the other garage spoke to us and now say they wont write the letter as they dont want to get involved, but they did say they did adjust the headlight aim and hit the corroded areas and quoted for all the work. But dont want to get involved due to them being a testing station and dont want vosa all over them to. So now i really dont know what will happen. but i find out thursday at 2pm.

Posted: Sun Sep 4th, 2011 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
russell
Trade Member

Mana: 
:( ben there got the teeshirt got thirty points for a bottum ball joint on a 206 with wide wheels boy racer vosa not willing to give you the beafit of the doudght i was lucky i had a ex inspecter with me on my side he was able to get this reduced to 10 point on appel stating that the had done a lot of milage in 3 weeks since i tested it THINK ABOUT EVERY THING YOU SAY IN FRONT OF HIM THEY CAN TWIST THIS ANY WAY THEY LIKE he is not your friend he is doing a job and his job is to hang you out to dry:X

Posted: Sun Sep 4th, 2011 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
As the other garage has admitted carrying out repairs post test, ie headlamp aim, the appeal should not go ahead, as you are not allowed to have ANY repair carried out until after the appeal has been carried out.

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
cosworth

Mana: 
Well I'll keep you informed of the out come.

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
OK got it!!

Kev

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
cosworth

Mana: 
when i mot'ed it the woman moaned it had just been checked over by her friend. and she came back for an appeal form lol kinda gives it away.  I could be wrong.

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Before I think would be best as they may just bin the appeal?

How do you know what vehicle it is? VOSA dont normally tell you, Just in case the car in question goes "missing" or has a "Fire".

Kev

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
cosworth

Mana: 
Im lucky the retest is local (4 miles away) Do i present the letter before or after they have inspected the car? Ive never had a appeal before and have several good points for re-checked vehicles Id mot'ed.

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
I reckon you will be OK if you still have the letter.

A garage I worked at a few years ago had an appeal like this. Someone had used a tin opener on the sills post test. The 3 VEs!! that retested it (In just under 2 hours) agreed the damage may have been done post test and we walked away. Just cost us a days trading as the apeal was miles away.

So show the letter to the VE that retests it and make sure you attend the appeal, take a camera with you, and the VT40 if you still have it.

Kev

Posted: Fri Sep 2nd, 2011 01:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
cosworth

Mana: 
Long story short, I mot'd a m reg fiesta, failed it on 3 bits of rust, fuel cap seal missing, o/s rack gaitor split, headlamp aim low, and n/s/f sus arm bush.

Woman kicked of in reception saying its just been check over by her friend, anyway she went to a garage down the road who told her it didnt need a sealing washer, and there was no split in the gaitor. they then bashed the sills some more, and told her to appeal. She came back for an appeal form and told me about the other garage. anyway today i get a call saying the appeal is next week. I rang the other garage who have written me a letter saying the vehicle has been into them after i tested it and that they adjusted the aim and checked the car over.

My question is as I believe the sill has been Bashed by this other garage, yet they didnt put it in there note. what would the outcome possibly be? I know i tested it in accordance with the manual but my fear is some spotty kids been in there with a hammer. The only thing otherwise the retest may show up is the suspension arm bush, i have atl and the garage the inspection is at doesn't.

Any advise would be good

Thanks

Current time is 08:56 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Got an appeal next week Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems