Future tester  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2011 05:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote: Most of the rfr are fairly straight forward, with just the odd curved ball now and again !
For what its worth I think now is a great time to get NT training, as you will get the new info straight from the trainer, most of us will have to learn from the dvd & book :)
Good luck :)

An additional option is to attend a "seminar",;) where there Will be vosa advisors making a presentation about the changes to the requirements, with a Q&A session to follow.;) 

spellin, lol;)

Last edited on Wed Nov 30th, 2011 05:50 am by Wesley

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2011 04:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
markharriers

Mana: 
Thankyou for your help ive bin reading the manual think im getting there lol the only thing i find hard at the mo is headlight aim and pattern hopfully this looks harder inthe book than it is  :?

Posted: Sun Nov 27th, 2011 03:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Most of the rfr are fairly straight forward, with just the od curved ball now and again !
For what its worth I think now is a great time to get nt training, as you will get the new info straight from the trainer, most of us will have to learn from the dvd & book :)
Good luck :)

Posted: Fri Nov 25th, 2011 12:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
markharriers

Mana: 
Thankyou for your advice i'm being sponsored by a vts so i have my work cut out lol i've been a mechanic for nine years now so i'm pretty clued up checking  cars over etc but it seems the RFR are very in depth, and i think i'm doing it at a awkward time as the tests are changing from jan :?

Posted: Thu Nov 24th, 2011 08:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Welcome to the forum :)
Do you have a vts device at your place ? if so use the SPARE smart card to do the training exercises.
Next try to read the inspection manual http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm little and often works best for me and try to get into "tester mode" frame of mind.
Good luck

Posted: Thu Nov 24th, 2011 05:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
markharriers

Mana: 
Hi all i've just signed up to the forum as soon i'm hoping to complete my mot course :).

I was wondering if anyone coulde give me some advice on best ways to prepare? what to expect etc....

I've been a car mechanic for 9 years now and ive passed all my level 3 exams, my dream has allways been to get my mot ticket.

i'm a little nervous but very excited :)

Any advice would be very appreciated

Thankyou

Current time is 07:38 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > Future tester Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems