Mana: 
Well done ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 24th, 2012 12:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
grant_h

Mana: 
just a little update - had my demo test today.
the man from VOSA, he say YES :)
he was very nice, explained everything fully, didnt rush and was making light hearted chat during my demo test which really put me at ease.

Posted: Mon Mar 12th, 2012 12:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
grant_h

Mana: 
hi,
thank you for your reply.
its good to know i wasnt going mad! - now i have to talk to the boss tomorrow :(

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2012 11:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
grant_h wrote:
hi,
i am waiting to do my demo test (booked for end of march) and my boss wheeled in a piaggio NRG 50cc moped and started to do an mot on it, i questioned a couple of things about the bike and he told me that as it was a moped things were a bit different.

are they classed any different? - other than no need for high beam and the tyre tread differences.

the bike in question had lots of play in the front fork stancion bushes but was told that although not good it wasnt a testable part on a moped?? - i cant find anything in the manuals that precludes mopeds from checking the front suspension system (or am i not looking in the right place?)

i also didnt witness a beam test done on the headlight and was again informed that it wasnt needed on a moped

Hi grant

Mopeds of 50cc which cannot exceed 30mph do not need a main beam - but the dipped beam aim should still be tested.

As you have also mentioned - the tyre tread depth requirements are slightly different from larger machines.

Otherwise - items such as fork stanchions etc are testable regardless of the size of machine.

Good luck with your demo.

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2012 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
grant_h

Mana: 
hi,
i am waiting to do my demo test (booked for end of march) and my boss wheeled in a piaggio NRG 50cc moped and started to do an mot on it, i questioned a couple of things about the bike and he told me that as it was a moped things were a bit different.

are they classed any different? - other than no need for high beam and the tyre tread differences.

the bike in question had lots of play in the front fork stancion bushes but was told that although not good it wasnt a testable part on a moped?? - i cant find anything in the manuals that precludes mopeds from checking the front suspension system (or am i not looking in the right place?)

i also didnt witness a beam test done on the headlight and was again informed that it wasnt needed on a moped

Current time is 09:34 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Bike Testing -  Ask bike Testers about bike Testing | MOT Forum > moped MOT's Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems