New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Failed NTTA twice, what now?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Sep 30th, 2012 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
pollytart

Mana: 
I was in exactly the same position and found a company called Premier MOT, they got me ATA accredited and testing within 7 weeks. It's not just the neccessary MOT requirements but their course has opened my eyes to all other parts of being a good technician, I can now competently carry out electrical fault finding and diagnosis, sttering suspension, braking systems and much more. And being ATA accredited, I am on the IMI approved technicians listing. Google premiermot and see what they offer, I would recommend them every time, or even facebook them they have centres in liverpool and Essex.
Martin

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 23rd, 2012 06:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
It could cost a great deal more than that! with what I have read, Vosa will Accept an ATA "Diagnostic Technician" Accreditation, which would cost an absolute fortune!! surely the ATA "Service Maintenance Technician" Accreditation., is where it should be assesed/accepted at, considering, We are only, quote, "taking a mere snapshot" of the vehicles condition, at the time of the Inspection??;) 

Last edited on Sat Jun 23rd, 2012 06:34 am by Wesley

Posted: Sat Jun 23rd, 2012 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
but can cost in the region of £2100.

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2012 05:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
rzc83

Mana: 
Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA) is a national voluntary scheme which tests the current competence of individuals working in the retail motor industry. By completing this course you will be exempt from having to take the NTTA assessment as the ATA qualification is now acceptable under the requirements of VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) and the Ministry of Transport for MOT testing

Posted: Thu May 17th, 2012 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
motorhead
Trade Member

Mana: 
i had a guy who sat his third test and passed. He only just failed the 2nd test and i was advised to ring my local vosa centre which i did, if memory serves me right, i was then advised to send in a letter with his failure and then the manager would make a decision to see if he could sit a third and fortunately for me they let him sit the third test.

Give your local vosa a ring and see what they say, hope this helps.

Posted: Tue May 15th, 2012 02:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jim808

Mana: 
hi, i failed my first ntta exam by 8 questions back in june, read the hilliers book cover to cover and studied a load of sample questions and re-sat the exam 6 weeks ago, this time failing by only 2 questions but now i cant re-sit until next june, i read somewhere that i can take a course and re-sit sooner but cant find any info on this, if anyone can give me datails on this it would be greatly appreciated, cheers, jim

Current time is 10:16 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > Failed NTTA twice, what now? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems