Posted: Wed Apr 23rd, 2014 02:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote:
kev1975 wrote:
death trap in the making , just seemed strange for it to have 2 sides stitched into it without it actually being 2 halves :shock:

I checked the history out of curiosity kev. Its still on the road. Failed for numerous inadequate repairs marked as 'Dangerous' then passed with advisories for repairs heavily covered in underseal !!

thought that would have been scrapped ages ago :shock:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Apr 12th, 2014 12:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 

Failed for numerous inadequate repairs marked as 'Dangerous' then passed with advisories for repairs heavily covered in underseal !!
about says it all for the mot scheme doesnt it.so he bought a car with an advise that it had been damaged and snotted with underseal?was his copy of the mot heavily edited or did he just not read it?all this stuff is online now isnt it?the kids tend to be more up on that lark than we are so i have to guess he didnt look it up.valuable lesson for his future which(hopefully!)he now has....judging by the fail/advise youve shown hes got no comeback on the mot station concerned either.

Posted: Thu Apr 10th, 2014 03:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
kev1975 wrote:
death trap in the making , just seemed strange for it to have 2 sides stitched into it without it actually being 2 halves :shock:

I checked the history out of curiosity kev. Its still on the road. Failed for numerous inadequate repairs marked as 'Dangerous' then passed with advisories for repairs heavily covered in underseal !!

Posted: Sat Mar 8th, 2014 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
at that sorta money surely an hpi would have showed it up even if the guy checking it over missed it?no,let me guess,didnt get it checked over,didnt get it hpi checked.f***ed if i would spend 3k wivout a bit of advice!assuming no advises on mot then would have to guess that they were"testing a car in which they had a personal and/or monetary interest"which i seem to recall means its supposed to be tested to"the most stringent possible standard"yeah, ive heard ducks fart as well....sad part is the poor bastard kid is likely gonna think that we are ALL twisting bastards.3k outta pocket,no car and likely to still need one but now with no money to buy it and as a result likely to end up with an even bigger bag of junk.only winner is a backstreet bodgit and leggit merchant laughing all the way to the pub.

Posted: Fri Feb 28th, 2014 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I hope that the lad gets his money back.

Posted: Thu Feb 27th, 2014 03:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
what made it worse was that a lad had just bought it for about 2.5 - 3k & only brought it our garage for a timing belt & service .
when one of the lads was checking it over he noticed both rear indicators had clear bulbs fitted & so flashed white , he thought that was strange with it having a full test .
then when he sent it up on the 2 poster to drop the oil he noticed the state of the underside .
this is when we realised how bad it was & contacted stealth to come & check it over .

Posted: Wed Feb 26th, 2014 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
lemme guess,pass,no advisories?

Posted: Sun Feb 23rd, 2014 04:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Scary thing about this one rob, the only weld I found was around the B post. The rest was held together by filler & silicon :shock::shock::shock:

Posted: Sun Feb 23rd, 2014 01:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
reminds me of an eighties astra we used to have to test.nothing subtle about this particular cut and shut,one long weld east to west straight down the sills and across the floor,said floor was even different colours front and back!i was most pissed off that all i could do was pass and advise....i used to pray that he would hit summat thusly killing himself off and saving me from having to write a ticket out for it the following year.no such luck,he ran it for another decade.:X

Posted: Sat Feb 22nd, 2014 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 

Posted: Fri Feb 21st, 2014 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
kev1975 wrote: I remember it well & it wasn't the usual 2 half cut & shut either , this one was both inner & outer sills , half B posts & some floor .
with the added bonuses of pink cloth , black silicone , filler & underseal .
one really nasty mess of a TDI golf :shock::shock:

And very little in the way of welding. It did a calypso dance across the brake rollers. :shock:

Posted: Fri Feb 21st, 2014 02:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
I remember it well & it wasn't the usual 2 half cut & shut either , this one was both inner & outer sills , half B posts & some floor .
with the added bonuses of pink cloth , black silicone , filler & underseal .
one really nasty mess of a TDI golf :shock::shock:

Posted: Wed Feb 19th, 2014 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
billyloadsamud

Mana: 
old school back street traders ?? used to be common in sills etc

Posted: Wed Feb 19th, 2014 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Here's a 'cut & shut' job, but without the 'shut'

The car had a fresh MOT Certificate......but then the filler started falling out.  :shock:

Attachment: Resized Horror Story.JPG (Downloaded 285 times)

Current time is 09:00 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Road Safety Shockers - Dangerous Defects! | MOT Forum > Cut and shut Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems