Advice please?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jan 7th, 2015 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
well stu?win lose or draw?what was the result?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Dec 22nd, 2014 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
i dont see that he would have any case to answer anyway,he advised that said repairs were covered in underseal at retest.now they aint.they have a choice between calling him a liar or accepting that someone has been digging out the sealant and substandard repairs since(which he wasnt allowed to do on retest)i seem to recall that it constitutes damaging the vehicle.stick to your guns,if your version of events is accurate they aint got a leg to stand on.if the vehicle has been played with since the original test thats their problem not yours,under those cicumstances the appeal should never have gone ahead to begin with.

Posted: Mon Dec 22nd, 2014 04:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
martins
Administrator

Mana: 
You may also wish to contact one of the MOT Consultants who advertise in the MOT Testing magazine.

Posted: Mon Dec 22nd, 2014 03:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Hi Stu & welcome to the Forum.

The appeals procedure should afford you and the AE the opportunity to view the VE's examination so that it can be verified that the correct methods were used during his check.

This is particularly relevant in cases involving corrosion and allegations of sub standard repairs.

DVSA HQ may well not proceed until your AE has been interviewed and allowed to state his case.

In any event, if, as you state, the VE did NOT allow you to watch his exam, then you have not been afforded a fair and reasonable opportunity to view the methods of inspection and you have the right to question this. CCTV evidence would be usefull.

You have the right to ask for a copy of the VE's pocket book notes along with a copy of the interview record after being cautioned. You also have the right to copies of any photographs taken by the VE.

I would first contact your local DVSA and ask to speak to the senior VE. Next step would be the Central Review Team at DVSA HQ in Bristol. You may have to go through the national helpline number for this.

I would certainly recommend you write to the senior VE at your local office, outlining the points made in your post, and asking for Data Disclosure regards the VE's pocket book notes, interview record, and photographs.

Good luck.

Posted: Sun Dec 21st, 2014 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
stuzxr600

Mana: 
Please could I have sensible advice,or guidance on a recent inverted appeal?.I am a tester of many years,and had an unblemished record,credit points for visits.I carried out a test on a Ford Transit 02 plate,which failed on many corrosion related items.The vehicle returned two days later,all the failed areas had been freshly plated and all of the underside was stone guarded.As the manual states,light scraping and tapping is to be used on the areas in question.I passed the vehicle and issued an advisory stating it had been coated in under seal,and was unable to view the repairs.Just over a month later,and 2000 miles extra mileage,two men in the van drove into my station,complaining about the state of the van,and the way it was Motd.As they started to get abusive,I suggested they go to Vosa.The day after I had a call and was invited with my AE to go to a local outlet so it could be re examined.I went myself with a concerned friend and arrived before time.The transit was driven to to the outlet. The VE asked me if it was the vehicle,and told me to remain in my vehicle till he called me.One hour later he called me in,and started to point out what he had discovered.I looked at the areas and could see that the vehicle had the repairs it failed on using different bonding and car body filler,but also shiny areas of metal where other plates had been recently removed,the floor pan of the Swb transit was tremendously bowed.indicating serious carriage of weight.The ramp it was on was clean,and no signs of the usual collection of debris after testing was present.I was cautioned by the VE,and on 5 points of corrosion asked if I would of passed it in that state which I would not of.My view which was clear that if the vehicle had not been overloaded the repairs would not have shown,the VE was on his own,no other Vosa employee was present,and no paperwork received.On receiving the report,the VE claimed he had invited me in immediately,and not to stay in the car for an hour til he called me,the vehicle had most definitely tampered with.They have put forward for me to receive 180 points,and his statement was not factual of the proceedings of that day.The premises have cctv,and I have a witness for him telling to wait in my car,and should the cctv mysteriously of been mislaid,there is a main Police station right next door no doubt with footage.

Post edited to remove specific VTS details. Admin.

Current time is 09:00 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > DVSA/VOSA Performance Monitoring - bad experience? Let us know | MOT Forum > Advice please? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems