New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
MOT CLASS 4 PIT HELP PLEASE?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 28th, 2015 02:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
getech.org.uk

Mana: 
Ultimately you are looking at a balance between meeting the dimensional requirements and the costs associated with such an installation. I presume that you are minimum leg length for the bay but if not;

a) you could go for steps at the non drive on end and relocate the headlight tester between pit and RBT although you will have to recess the HLA rails...

b) Another alternative would be to install a pit with no steps and have a removeable set available.... That gains you 1.5m immediately!!

c) Drive the vehicle over the entire length of the pit so you can gain access, jack and move the vehicle back to the turnplates / play detector - (requires a good quality jacking beam)

Drop me a DM with some contact details if you'd like to discuss further this or other options... I can also point you in the direction of at least a couple of excellent pit suppliers who are significantly less expensive than the big boys in this area...

Overall however I do agree that there is a discrepancy between the minimum dimensional requirements and practicality but as you will learn - there are plenty of those in the scheme!

KR, Ashley

Last edited on Thu May 28th, 2015 02:23 pm by getech.org.uk

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu May 28th, 2015 02:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
i worked in a pit much the same as yours with atl was a bit of a squeeze getting out sometimes, and pit kept filling with water apart from that never really had any problems,but that was 15 odd years ago,i dont know if the regulations have changed since then

Posted: Wed May 27th, 2015 09:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
sadek.purley

Mana: 
I need someone's expert opinion about 3.9 meter long working area pit with 1.5 meter step in the back (Total 5.5 Meter). Few major contractors/suppliers are telling me to go for side entry tunnel entrance, which is a very expensive option. They are telling me when the car on turning plate or play detector its impossible to get into the pit from the back. I have done some research and there are 5.5 meter pit exist where step is in the back of the pit.

I am very confused need help!!

I am not technical so sorry in advance if my questions sounds stupid!!

Current time is 08:59 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > MOT CLASS 4 PIT HELP PLEASE? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems