The original test was on comp 2 not comp1

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Aug 22nd, 2015 01:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Any initial test record with a fail recorded on MOT 1 is currently not migrating to MOT 2. It's a recognised problem at present. Log the retest on MOT 2 as a full test,inspect the testable items and issue the relevant documents. If the retest only takes 10 minutes then so be it. The original failure can still be verified on the old system by DVSA. Keep a copy of the retest VT20 (or 30) and make a note that the original failure was recorded on MOT 1.

;)

Posted: Sat Aug 22nd, 2015 01:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Any initial test record with a fail recorded on MOT 1 is currently not migrating to MOT 2. It's a recognised problem at present. Log the retest on MOT 2 as a full test,inspect the testable items and issue the relevant documents. If the retest only takes 10 minutes then so be it. The original failure can still be verified on the old system by DVSA. Keep a copy of the retest VT20 (or 30) and make a note that the original failure was recorded on MOT 1.

;)

Posted: Fri Aug 21st, 2015 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
I just read the page on system it says

About recording retests

The new MOT testing service will not define types of retest (eg free, chargeable, fast track etc).

If a vehicle is re-tested within 10 working days from the issue date of MOT refusal certificate (VT30) it will only need a retest on the failure items and their associated components.

so have they change this can anybody shine light on before I have to phone them:(

Posted: Fri Aug 21st, 2015 07:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
rupert

Mana: 
We have only been on since Monday so not hit this yet but yes, I can completely believe that when they instructed the programmers they said 10 days and forgot to mention the working bit. Oh joy!

Posted: Fri Aug 21st, 2015 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
captaincon

Mana: 
can any body shed some light on this
we did a car on the 8th on the new system so ten working days is the 21st.
we cant log it on so i phoned the help line to be told that re tests are only 10 days not ten working days so the last day was the 18th.
so i am wondering is this another cock up they have not told us about or if its just part of the on going problem.
has any body else had this issue

Current time is 09:20 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here | MOT Forum > another com2 issue Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems