New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Focus rear wishbone bushes  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 1st, 2017 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Agreed pass & advise, unless they are near metal to metal, those bushes don't give much away even though fatigued.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Mar 1st, 2017 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Obd Rick

Mana: 
I just wanted to get your opinions on the front wishbone rear bushes on a mk2 focus.

I'm sure you know the ones I mean, they tend to deteriorate and the inner rubber around the wishbone separates from the outer rubber of the hush bonded to the bush housing bolted to the sub frame.

My employer I feel is pushing me to fail them (he can stuff it, my license my decision)
On a service I would certainly up sell them. I must admit the shaker plates on our new OPTL do show some more movement than a shake of the wheel by hand. But having been hauled up in an appeal decision before (which nothing came of i might add) I'm not willing to "fail for the sale" unless they are near metal to metal I would rather pass and advise.

Anywho, I just wanted to know the views of some more respected testers on the matter.

Thanks

Rick

Attachment: images.jpg (Downloaded 22 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 08:59 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Focus rear wishbone bushes Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems