import  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 10th, 2017 09:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
tell the area guy to stick it up his a**e,theres no reg preventing you from testing whats in front of you import or not.if the nos match what you got then crack on,i do as always stand to be corrected.....

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 9th, 2017 05:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
captaincon

Mana: 
its a sx200 lambretta if memory serves me right its a 1965.
basicly what has happend is i did the test using the dating letter from the lambretta club i have usd the 6 didget frame number as i have in the past and issued the test .

dvla will not register the bike because the full vin is not on the mot but it only has a 6 didget number .
what they want is sx200 *000000*iga????
the sx200 and the iga part is not the vin number its only the central 6 numbers
any way the area guy has got involved saying i should not have tested it with out the import paper work and i have not put the full number ..
so after the area guy shouting at  me.and saying its lucky he can see the numbers on the bike he left
i have contacted the help line and they say if i am happy with the dating letter i can test it.i hope to get a confirmation email from them tomorow
as far as i can find out i have done nothing wrong i am just after other opinions to confirm this as i am thinking about making a complaint about his attitude 

Posted: Tue May 9th, 2017 05:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
as a word of caution many years back I had a cat spec Scooby n reg( I think) that the owners club had told him was cat exempt complete with a copy of out mot flow charts that they obviously hadn't read completely.cant see it being an issue unless hes trying to tell you its an age where its exempt from summat or other,if that's the case hold out for proper proof.our first use guess is almost always approximate after all.when it gets registered for uk use hes gonna have to provide proper proof then,the dvla enter said date on the system and as such itll override anything you enter(if wrong)anyway but if you(for instance)have tested a cat as non cat you could be in a sticky spot when he sells it.there will normally be clues on the car as to its actual age,date labels on seat belt mounts,window licker stickers,stuff like that.

Posted: Tue May 9th, 2017 12:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
captaincon

Mana: 
just a quick one when testing a import for the first time and the customer has no import paper work is a dating letter from a recognised club acceptable

Current time is 06:45 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > import Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems