New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Possible appeal coming up  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 4th, 2017 12:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jan33

Mana: 
Yes it's a really weird one. I am on the countdown now til the 12th that I won't hear anything from my VE. I do a lot of test. Average around 180 tests a month and I'm probably one of the few people who enjoyed doing it day in/day out. But this kind of thing makes me just want to go back on the spanners instead :(

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Oct 4th, 2017 12:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
its a bit of a weird one,inverted appeal is the one that gets you done badly but it aint the case cos you didn't pass it.you can appeal against a fail,costs you test fee unless the test was wildly out in which case you get some or all of it back.in your case he would be trying to appeal against a fail issued 2mnths prior with the vehicle having been worked on+tested in the meantime,cant see him spending another test fee on an appeal which I would imagine the ministry would laugh at given it failed twice on similar items any way and his appeal is based on you not failing enuff items.dont think I would worry too much about this but the ministry7 have surprised me before...

Posted: Wed Oct 4th, 2017 07:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Jan33

Mana: 
This is what I'm little worried about. As I have seen it has weld patches around the offside and the nearside was covered with sealant. And I actually pressed the floor down to "feel" it and it's solid. Then I didn't bother putting it on advisory. I know I should have (lesson learnt).

Posted: Wed Oct 4th, 2017 07:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
assuming you advised the sealant/prior repairs and given the fact its been worked on since and also that you didnt actually pass it chances are this is going nowhere.if he appeals the ministry have a scout round it first and will then ring you to tell you if you have a case to answer(and sometimes if you don't)wait for that call,collect any and all relevant info+paperwork together.if an appeal goes ahead they will ask you to bring the paperwork for(typically)the entire week concerned and wont say what car it involves so make sure its all ready to go now before a panic starts.

Posted: Wed Oct 4th, 2017 06:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jan33

Mana: 
Hello guys. I'm new in this forum. I have a possible appeal coming up and hoping someone can give me an idea/advise.

Basically an ex-colleague (he already got sacked from our garage due to being useless and knob) brought his friend's car (pug 106) in for an MOT. This test happened 12th July 2017. I found alot of failures (susp.arm, emission,exhaust snap, h/brake not working, bulbs etc) and while I was testing it, I found rust under the rear floor area. I pulled him in to have a look at it but he said it's all been welded from inside. So I got the ramp down and he showed me inside the boot lifted the carpet and it's all covered mostly with silicon sealant. So I said fair enough. Carried on with the test and give him a fail. The car never came back for retest.

Almost 2 months later 7th sept 2017. The car went in for an MOT in a different garage after my ex-colleague done some work on it. The garage picked up the rust on the floor and some other rusts + mostly the items I already failed on. The nearside floor which was mostly covered with sealant became detached from the side.

The customer was kicking off because why I didn't picked it up on that and I tried to explain it was covered in sealant at time of test but he wasn't having it. But then we haven't heard from him for almost a month.

Yesterday 3rd Oct 2017 he came in the garage to get an appeal form after speaking to my boss. I guess the guy was trying to make a deal he won't go to dvsa if we do the job but my boss only offered him reduced price for doing it. So now he is going for an appeal.

What will be the likely result from this? Technically I didn't give him a pass ticket as he never came back for retest. And between the two MOT (which was 2 months apart) there was repair carried out and covered 170miles. It's only 8 days left in the 3months window.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoy the little story lol.

Current time is 09:08 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Possible appeal coming up Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems