Complaint from a customer  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 10:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
the problem with cases like this is the guys complaint is with the vendor who in most cases has sold as seen etc and if queried will in all likelihood tell him to do one.his last port of call is always the guy who tested it as hes working for an actual entity/company and as such he might stand some hope of getting a few bucks out of it,some folks will entertain stuff like this purely to keep the ministry from being involved but from your description hes already shot that particular bolt and as such I could see no advantage/incentive to yourself in even talking further to him as hes already done what he can to drop you in the crap already.personally I would ring the ministry with all the information that you've given here as its essentially attempted blackmail and keep the email as proof of this

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 08:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mymot

Mana: 
Thanks for your replies! I did think as it been 8 months and the vehicle has passed through a couple of owners the current owner wont be able to peruse his complaint.

A big part of my worry up until yesterday was the bloke wasn't asking for anything (money) he just wanted to report me. Yesterday I received an email demanding I pay for the repairs and if I do he will drop all the complaints so I'm certain all hes trying to do is intimidate me but I guess time will tell.

What really pi## me off is the fact I did not own or sell this car the the person, I did not carry out any repairs, I bear no responsibility for maintaining it but this person seems to think I'm the one that should pay for the repairs and the upkeep of the car! ... nob

Thanks for your help il let you know if I receive anything official

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 12:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
ditto,trading standards will only be interested in whether you did an adequate test(assuming it weren't you or yours that were selling it)and ministry standards end after 3mnths max except in some REALLY exceptional circumstances.assuming you did the normal corrosion/sealant advises to cover yourself then theres no case and after 8 mnths I cant see it even if you didn't.guys bought himself a lemon/bargain that he wants someone else to pay for.get lost.chances are the guys telling him all this have dug patches/sealant etc out that you aint allowed to do during a test anyway.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 11:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Welcome to the forum,
From what you have outlined cant see how you can be held responsible for the motors present condition, the person is trying to intimidate.
Even if there are discrepancy's to much time has elapsed to make any case against you, in my opinion.

Posted: Fri Jul 5th, 2019 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Mymot

Mana: 
Hi guys new to the forum iv only just come across the site now.

I'm after a bit of advice about a complaint I'm receiving about an mot I carried out 8 months ago on a ford ka. October last year I failed the car on 2 tyres, airbag light, bulbs, a massive patch of corrosion on the nearside and 2 smaller patches on the offside. The vehicle was taken away for repairs (I dont carry out any repairs) then came back a week later for the retest which it passed.

I'm not a lazy tester I'm trying my best not to doubt myself and I'm sure I would of checked all the repairs but it's been 8 months since the test so I can't even remember the vehicle. I have received a complaint this week saying the vehicle has been taken to a garage for mechanical work and the garage has spotted 2 patches of corrosion on the offside that have not been repaired for the mot but all the other repairs have been carried out and the customer is accusing me of deliberately passing an unroad worth car.

The person has reported me to... in his words "the police, my local trading standards agency, motor ombudsman & the DVSA" he has emailed me a copy of the complaints forms for Dvsa and motor ombudsman to prove he had done so.

What are you views on this? Being 8 months since it was tested surely theres not much room for a official complaint? The part that worries me is the fact iv failed it on 3 patched of welding but theres only evidence of 1 repair carried out on the vehicle. Iv received a lot of very well worded emails from this person and it's got me a bit worried to be honest.

Oh and on a side note the person that is complaining has only had the car 2 months so wasn't the customer that brought the car in for its mot originally.

Thanks

Current time is 10:10 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Complaint from a customer Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems