Please advice - fail mot  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Oct 1st, 2019 07:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
I would also be wary of the engine,its not the best unit and your emission fails are typical of one with little or no oil,at below minimum when hot they(and the mini derivatives using the same unit)suffer oil degradation/starvation which affects the vvt unit and valve hydraulics leading to misfires/high co etc.no way of telling anything for certain from this end of a fail tho,it could be perfectly fine but get it checked soonest

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Obd Rick

Mana: 
Hi there,
I'd only really be worried about the emissions failures. All those other failures are I feel easily repairable in a day. As for the emissions failure items, they could be an easy repair such as a vac leak or misfire not due to compression. Which means it's completely plausible that it could be repaired in time for collection.They could however be signs of a worn engine or expensive internal damage which may be a tall order to rectify in 2 days.

It may be difficult but perhaps try and find out from the test station the suspicions on why it failed (tho it's not a testers job to deduce this).

Finally as much as I hate to say it their are people that bring our trade down. If you do receive the car with a fresh MOT I'd be tempted to take it for an emissions test to make sure no foul play has occurred.

Rick

Last edited on Mon Sep 30th, 2019 08:59 pm by Obd Rick

Posted: Mon Sep 30th, 2019 02:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
iNeonUK

Mana: 
Hey.
I am getting a new used car soon.  It's a 2010 Peugeot 207 1598cc Sport Vti.  I have just checked online and seen it's failed it's MOT.  The dealership currently have the car and I am expectring to collect in the next day or two.  Should I be worried about these failed items.  I have know knowledge of of a MOT so any more information about it would be great.Repair immediately (major defects):
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar ball joint excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
  • Exhaust hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle exceeds default limits (8.2.1.2 (b))
  • Exhaust carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle exceeds manufacturer's specified limits (8.2.1.2 (a))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Rear Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge both (5.2.3 (e))

Current time is 04:23 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Please advice - fail mot Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems