emissions lamda fail  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 10:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
too many to list so I will give you the most common in order-induction/exhaust leaks,pretty much any fault intermittent or otherwise on the management side particularly with the fuelling system,a fault with the test equipment/limits being used.rectification could consist of/be connected to any of the above.on a car that age management light on also aint part of the test so if its on/showing a fault it aint a stand alone fail.whats your actual concern?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 10:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
wag

Mana: 
1999 polo 1.4 petrol 40,000 miles The car passed every MOT since 2006 with no advisories except one year 2016 when it failed. It has since passed 2017, 18 and 19

not my car, but I was looking at the MOT history and I noticed it recently failed on

"Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.3)"

2 days later it passed

Please tell me what sort of things can cause this and what sort of work would have been done to fix it?

Thank you

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 10:55 pm by wag

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:48 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > emissions lamda fail Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems